|KRISHNA KUMAR |
|(Mob) +61 - 0402 991 657 . firstname.lastname@example.org |
To pursue a challenging career with a reputed regional or multinational company to deliver the very best solution to customers.
- More than three years (current) experience as a seller.
- More than six years of Linux, Grid Computing, Parallel Computing, high performance related experience
- Interest in basic web designing (http://www.rskrishnakumar.com/wedding , http://geocities.com/lakshmidass )
- Persistent, strong social skills, dynamic, decisive team player
- Willing to take responsibility and capable of achieving set goals
- Excellent presentation, communication and inter personal skills (Member of Cumberland Forest Toastmasters Club)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Autonomous, time management and study skills
- Apart from being a regular blood donor, getting involved in various voluntary activities like the iTrack progrom with The Smith Family etc
||(08/2006 - Present) |
|Infrastructure Sales Specialist |
|Roles & Responsibilites
Working as an Infrastructure sales specialist selling IBM hardware to existing and prospective clients. The nature of job is phone based in which I talk to customers over the phone, understand their requirements and provide solutions. Iíve achieved best performer awards and best results in our customer surveys.
|IBM Singapore Pte Ltd
||(08/2004 - 07/2006) |
|IT Specialist |
|Roles & Responsibilites
iSeries technical specialist working from the Singapore Systems Solutions Center taking care of the iSeries resources. Assisting with the POCs, benchmarkings and briefings to customers. Grid/Linux Specialist acting as a consultant for Grid engagements doing proof of concepts, benchmarks and Workshops from the Grid Innovation Zone.
Main Role: Systems Solutions Center, IBM Singapore
- Member of the Solution Center team in charge of Grid and iSeries platform
- Assisting in the iSeries pre-sales engagements by performing proof of concepts and demonstrations
- Involved in the troubleshooting & debugging of AIX, Java related issues for customers in the testing phase
- Responsible for the maintenance of Solutions Center Web site
- Involved in other grid related activities of the center
Project: Grid Innovation Zone (GIZ), Singapore
- Responsible for the overall operations of the Grid Innovation Zone
- Acting as a consultant for Grid engagements providing solution to customers by performing proof-of-concepts, demonstrations and Grid Workshops
- Working on various projects including a data Grid project, a Digital Animation Grid and the like
- Responsible for increasing Grid awareness within the National University of Singapore (NUS) and Singapore community alike
- Involved in various Grid related activities fronted by the Singapore National Grid Office & Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore
Project: Digital Media Grid
- Designed a compute & data Grid solution for a digital media company to maximize the resource utilization of the islands of clusters in their data centre
- 'Gridified' all their resources providing them with a virtualized infrastructure for both compute & data needs
- Demonstrated the concept using a rendering software (MAYA 6) spanning jobs over a Grid
- GPFS was used to implement the data virtualization feature
Project: Life Sciences Grid
- Designed a data Grid solution for a life science unit in NUS to meet their growing demand for storage
- Made use of open source tool Storage Resource Broker (SRB) for the demonstration
- Demonstrated the concept using the resources at GIZ
- This solution provides a flexible environment for the user to run their jobs against the data stored in the data Grid rather than to download the large files to their local drives
Project: Integrated Supply Chain Lab Grid
- Involved in the 'gridification' of the pSeries resources at NUS ISC lab and to link up with the lab at other universities (Arizona State University, Michigan State University, Pennsylvania State University and University College Dublin)
Project: NUS Grid Infrastructure Upgrade
- Assisting the National University of Singapore Grid team with the solutioning of a more autonomous Grid infrastructure
- This work involves upgrade of their existing Grid infrastructure to a Web Services based architecture deploying a metascheduler layer to intelligently schedule jobs to the resources at various faculties within the campus
- It also involves creating a virtualized infrastructure linking up their Campus Grid set up, PC Grid set up and the data Grid set up together
|Institute of High Performance Computing, Singapore
||(09/2000 - 08/2004) |
|Senior Research Engineer |
| Roles & Responsibilites
Setting up the Grid infrastructure. Involved in the parallelisation and gridification of various Computational Fluid Dynamics and other scientific applications to be executed over the grid. Supervising local & international university students and local polytechnic students attached to IHPC with their projects. Taking care of the Web development, system administration and database development part for the team.
Project: Science & Engineering Research Grid
Project: CFD Visualization in Parallel Computing Environment
- Responsible for setting up grid using Globus Toolkit etc on a heterogeneous mix of hardware including IBM P690, E10K, HP-UX, 64 bit Itanium Cluster etc
- Actively involved in the National Grid Pilot Platform(NGPP) initiative of Singapore and represented IHPC during the launch in November 2003
- Involved in the development of the Science & Engineering Research Grid portal. Technologies like Globus ToolKit, Java, Portlets, XML and software frameworks like Jetspeed and velocity were used in the development work. The portal aims to provide a Web-based problem solving environment for reseachers/engineers giving them access to the diversified compute resources over the grid.
- Developing a portal for STKinetics, Singapore as a proof-of-concept to demonstrate the remote application visualization capability over the grid.
This project involved parallelizing Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) code that renders a mesh after several computations. The objective of the project was to execute this task in parallel making use of the high resource capability at IHPC.
- Developed using Message Passing Interface (MPI) libraries in C language.
Project: The e-Engineering Portal (Project Lead)
This portal aims at making the various engineering applications accessible over the web.
- Designed the web pages for the e-Engineering Portal. Involved in the various functionality parts of the portal.
- Used IBM HTTPServer as Web server & IBM WebSphere as the application server. Tarantella was used as the middleware for the portal.
Project: The Collaborative Engineering Portal (Project Lead)
CE-Portal brings the e-Engineering portal over a collaborative platform on the web for the engineers and customers to come together and discuss about their projects.
- Designed the user interface for the portal Implemented various functionality parts such as the main collaboration module using VNC, address book, email module, collaborative display of the application module and the scheduler module.
- As an internal project, supervised students from Massachusetts Institute of Technology and from local polytechnic.
|Master of Information Technology
|Queensland University of Technology Brisbane, Australia |
|Bachelor of Electronics & Communication Engineering
|N.I.College of Engineering TamilNadu, India |
|Client side scripting
|Server side scripting
||Active server Pages(ASP), Java Server Pages(JSP)|
||Message Passing Interface (MPI)|
IBM DB2, Oracle
||Linux, AIX, i5/OS, Solaris, HP-UX|
||IBM iSeries/pSeries/xSeries, SGI Origin 2000, Sun Enterprise 10000, HP Workstations|
||IBM Global Sales School, Grid Computing (Globus Toolkit), Code Parallelization, GPFS, Avaki, Virtual Network Computing (VNC), Various Open Source tools|
|Grid Computing in Life Sciences
|NUS IT Day, Singapore, 2005
|Grid Computing - Past, Present and Future
|PDCAT Conference, Singapore , 2004
|An Agent Based Grid Workflow Management System
||Krishna Kumar,et al |
|GlobusWorld2004, SanFransisco, USA , 2004
|Grid is Here (Presentation/Demo)
||Krishna Kumar |
|Physical Sciences & Grid Computing Symposium, Singapore, 2003 |
|Collaborative Engineering Portal
||Krishna Kumar et al|
|International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, Angers France, 2002 |
|THE e-ENGINEERING PORTAL: MAKING HPC PERVASIVE
||Krishna Kumar et al|
|National Center for High Performance Computing, Taiwan, 2001 |
|THE e-ENGINEERING PORTAL
||Krishna Kumar et al|
|IHPC Symposium Singapore, 2001 |
|IBM Certified Grid Computing Technical Sales Specialist
|Master CIW Administrator
- IBM Certified System i Sales Specialist
- Power Systems Sales for IBM i Operating System